This is a recipe we found on “The BBQ Pit Boys” web site. Be sure to check out the site for some awesome looking recipes for most any type of smoker.
We thought anything with bacon has to be good so we gave it a try on our Memphis Pellet Grill here at the store. You could use the Primo Smoker or others. We only had enough bacon for 1 slab so we used the same cooking temps and times for the other 2 slabs.
What you will need:
- 1 pound of thick cut bacon for each slab of ribs.
- St Louis Style Pork Ribs Trimmed
- Your favorite rub for the ribs.
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Pre-Heat the smoker to 275 degrees
- Smoke the bacon until it is 1/2 to 1/3 done then coarsely chop & set aside. We used a rimmed cooking sheet lined with foil to cook most of the bacon.
- Season your rib slabs with your favorite rub.
- Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs and wrap in foil. (The Texas Crutch)
- Place wrapped ribs back on smoker and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from ribs and coat the top of slabs with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Coat rib slabs with the chopped bacon using the BBQ sauce to adhere to the ribs.
- Cook ribs for 45′ to 1 hour or until ribs and bacon are done.
- Remove from grill and let rest.
- Cut, serve and enjoy.