SMOKED SALMON ON THE PRIMO SMOKER
Easy smoked salmon we smoked on the Primo charcoal grill but can also be done on the Memphis or Twin Eagles pellet grill.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Memphis, Twin Eagles Pellet Grill or Primo Smoker
- Cling Wrap
- Salmon Fillets
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Mix equal parts, Kosher Salt & Brown Sugar.
- Place a layer of the mixture on cling wrap on a flat surface big enough to cover the fillet.
- Place the fillet on the mixture skin side up and then wrap tightly with cling wrap.
- Place in a plastic bag and put in to the refrigerator.
- Let the fillets cure in the fridge for 8-12 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the cling wrap and rinse thoroughly.
- Season with the black pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon on a wire rack and pat dry. Place back in the fridge to dry overnight, uncovered. we didn’t have a wire rack so we crumpled up aluminum foil to make our own drying rack.
- Heat your grill to 180 degrees and place the salmon skin side down on the grill racks.
- Cook for 3-4 hours or until internal temperature is 150 degrees F.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.