Grilled Porkchops with a Smoked and Chunky Apple Sauce
5 Pork chops
3 Tbs of Pork Rub
Smoked and Chunky Apple Sauce:
5 Golden Delicious Apples (or other sweet apple variety)
1 Tsp Cinnamon ground
½ Tsp Allspice ground
½ Tsp Salt
½ Cup Apple Juice
1. Season the pork chops with the BBQ rub of choice and let them sit covered at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
3. Set the Memphis Wood Fire Grills in Smoke Mode using Apple Pellets and set the temperature to 200 F.
5. Half, peel and core the apples. Smoke the apple for 15 minutes.
7. Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct Flame grilling and set the temperature to Medium.
9. Place apples cut sides down on the grill. Grill for about 3 minutes or until the apples are bronzed and lightly blackened. Use tongs to turn them over and grill for an additional 2 minutes
11. Transfer the apples to a cutting board and chop into 1-inch pieces.
13. Put the chopped apples in a large saucepan and place over low heat. Add the cinnamon, allspice, salt and apple juice. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to form a slightly chunky applesauce. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside
15. Transfer the pork chops to the Memphis grill which should still be set up for Direct flame grilling and medium temperature. Grill the pork chops for 8 to 10 minutes (4-5 minutes each side) until they are cooked all the way through with a hint of pink in the center. When finished, remove from the grill and rest for 5 minutes before serving with the smoked and chunky apple sauce.